BogPineArt Gallery.

Please view my Gallery blogsite for further information:


Monday 16 March 2009

Wabi Sabi

What is Wabi Sabi??The "celebration of imperfection" seems far too simplistic. Do we have a similiar outlook?, after all we live on an island, just like Japan. We find it possible to laugh at ourselves, mostly.
Look at "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy"......."Dads Army".....
Personally, I think anything that can make you cry is probably pretty close to Wabi Sabi.....

There again this sounds more like it.....
“Each today, well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness and each tomorrow a vision of hope. Look, therefore, to this one day, for it and it alone is life,” Sanskrit Poem.

Or maybe this?
When visiting Bali, Indonesia I was walking through a small wooded area and I saw some flowers and a lit candle placed by the side of the path. This puzzled me, who would have thought of doing such a beautiful thing and why?.

Once back at my beach hut I asked a local why such things are done....His reply was "because they wanted to".....................

This must be the answer....I was sitting in the pub with a very good friend of mine, Martin Smith, and I related a story about the time I was staying in a Croft house in Sutherland. This is the story.

"I started to gaze into the fire and visions appeared, a grey mist started to creep around me, all time seemed to stand still"

"Oh!" said Martin "that happens to me everyday".........."Its called day dreaming"

2 comments:

  1. You can watch it on BBC iPlayer
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00j8bkc/In_Search_of_Wabi_Sabi_with_Marcel_Theroux/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've got a bull in the fire and a dead black rabbit to the side!!!! And I thought the meaning of life was 42.

    ReplyDelete