BogPineArt Gallery.

Please view my Gallery blogsite for further information:


Saturday 5 December 2009

Sheep




I've been working with sheep for nearly 6 years and usually check the flock at least once a day. From late September they can more or less be left alone.......In fact most Crofters take their annual holidays around this time.

There is plenty of grass for them to graze on. Prior to my dealings with sheep I considered them to be rather stupid creatures......Not true.

They are highly aware of their environment, in fact they can be an early warning for severe weather......

If they are huddled in a group...beware.....very bad weather is approaching....

It has taken me a very long time to capture the "flock" mentality......Here it is.

I'm not too sure what they are looking at, the really amazing thing that I have found is that they can rotate their ears nearly 300 degrees..........Once you have realised this and walk quietly through the flock observing their ears.........Very wierd.

Also I have found that I can approach them and get really close by avoiding eye contact...They obviously look at my eyes being a potential predator.

This brings me to another gem:

Hem......"The Fire Thief"........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJRbhM3myEU

No comments:

Post a Comment