BogPineArt Gallery.

Please view my Gallery blogsite for further information:


Tuesday 4 August 2009

Clipping (Shearing)

I wish it was that simple...Just pass a thorn and the fleece is removed.
No chance. The removal of the fleece involves much hard work for very little return.
My fourty sheep gave me a return of £30...Less than 75p per sheep's fleece.

Is it worth complaining? Who do you complain to? If you do find someone to complain to, will they listen?......This is Agriculture.

I live in an area of outstanding beauty, I have to pinch myself on a daily basis .....I wake up look outside and feel humble and privileged. However feeling such a way does not pay the bills.

Bertie Sutherland used to reckon that the best way forward for Crofting was to breed a new type of sheep.............half Elephant half Kangaroo......Big ears to accomodate the tagging regime and a pouch to place all the paperwork in!

Which brings me to a piece of music....."Above the tree tops" by Pat Metheney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHT9MjkFgBE

No comments:

Post a Comment