BogPineArt Gallery.

Please view my Gallery blogsite for further information:


Monday 20 April 2009

Suffragette

"Suffragette" Tucks Postcard currently on sale on ebay....(Look for me at Taxcredit1)
Votes for Women?.........Hmmmmm I'm still thinking about that one. Should it be allowed? Whatever next give them the vote and before you can count to 64 there will be a female Prime Minister...This obviously was a tough time for many women, interestingly the lady? holding the banner is characterised as very manly.....is that a moustache I can see?....The smug look of the rozzer to the left....Very provocative. Have we really progressed? I saw some horrendous footage recently of a Policeman whacking a young girl on the leg with his baton..(G20) ..I'm sure he was being provoked.....but hey minimum force.
There again the current Minister for Police...(it makes it/her sound more sinister) is up to her neck in scandal.....Where will it all end?.........................The bidding for this card is now up to £14.65 is that the same amount that was paid for a smutty video? Or a bath plug?. Why are we being misled?...It is usually to distract us from the real issues. Which gets me to the point that I was trying to mae.west......Its a really great bit of social history and that people were prepared to die for their beliefs should not be forgotten. Has the vote for women changed our society? Do we really live in a world that is a better place?......I keep thinking about the smug expression on the rozzers face. In our time frame his boss is a woman..................Now does that make things clearer?

No comments:

Post a Comment