BogPineArt Gallery.

Please view my Gallery blogsite for further information:


Tuesday 24 February 2009

City by the Bay

In 1979 I travelled with a buddy of mine (Pete, now head of Learning and Standards at Guildford College, Surrey) up the West Coast of America from San Diego as far as Vancouver, Canada. We had many adventures.....needless to say one day these will make print (you can believe it Pete).

The experience of travelling in California especially has stayed with me ever since. One of the songs that was being played on the radio at that time was "Lights" by Journey.
The radio stations were like none that I had ever heard before. The music was so, so good.

We never saw the sunrise on the Bay....that I remember.... although I did meet a parrot and the only word he could say was "EARTHQUAKE!!"
San Francisco, California, USA.

"Lights"----Journey 1978

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8JMN0kjPY8&feature=related


It seems incredible that it only made #68 in the US charts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment