BogPineArt Gallery.

Please view my Gallery blogsite for further information:


Friday 6 July 2018

Polish Michaels Gerbils





Polish Michael's gerbils.

At a certain Pub, one Friday afternoon back in December 1902 give or take 87 years............

Polish Michael is standing at the bar with a puzzled expression on his face.
(The Barmaid, Sandra, sees him and walks over).

"Well now, Michael, what's with the long face?" asks Sandra
"I'm going to Poland for Christmas and I'm worried about leaving "the gerbils" on their own.

Here’s where the trouble starts….as Michael has a very strong Polish accent…..
(Sandra thinks he said "the Germans" as Michael quite often has foreign visitors).

"How many are there?" asks Sandra.
"Three" replies Michael.....
"I could keep an eye on them for you if you like" says Sandra.

"That would be very kind, I will leave the key for the house with you before I leave" says Michael.

"What would you like me to do?" asks Sandra.
"Well, if you could change their bedding every two days" says Michael
"Will you leave clean sheets out?" asks Sandra

"Oh no" says Michael..."I have some fresh straw and sawdust for them"
(Sandra looks horrified)

"Will they come in to the Pub for meals?" asks Sandra.
"Oh no" says Michael "they stay in their cage, they can't get out"
(By this time Sandra is looking seriously worried…)

"Shall I take them their meals?" asks Sandra.
"Oh no" says Michael..."just take them fresh water and nuts"

“How do they get their exercise?… do they play golf?” asks Sandra.
“Oh no” says Michael “they have a little wheel in their cage and they run around in it really really fast”.

NB (John Tilley (RIP) burst out laughing so loudly he had a nose bleed.....)



No comments:

Post a Comment